Finally feeling human again :)


Again with the big gap in the blogging....sheesh.
 In my defense - this has been my new best friend:


I got some wacky-3-week cold.  It was the weirdest thing - a lot of nose-blowing (you wanted to know that, right?) and pure, sheer exhaustion.  For several weeks in a row, as soon as the kids were in bed, I headed there too.  I had ZERO energy.  I think I'm finally feeling a little more human now after 3 weeks.

There were a few good days in between and so I do have a few fun things to show you.  I got a couple of layouts done on National Scrapbook Day:  




Maybe not my best ever LOL....but it was fun to be back doing layouts for a day.  I've been making cards to sell for so long that I haven't had time to make layouts recently.  Felt great :)  

I also did a furniture project!  Since my scrapbook room has temporarily moved up to my bedroom so that basement renovations can happen, I needed to get rid of my giant nightstand.  But I couldn't have NO nightstand - I need a place for a clock and my Bible & journal...and I only had room for a really narrow one.  I looked for a couple of weeks and didn't find one that would work and then I found this small child's desk at the MCC store - out back, and cheap because it was broken - exactly the challenge I wanted :)

Here's the before:
 It's on casters....but only 3 so it's a little wonky :)

I cut the bank of drawers apart from the rest of the desk.


I filled in the holes and gouges that the top had with wood putty and sanded everything down.


I painted it out in the creamy Lancaster Whitewash that the rest of my trim is done in.  I only used the top 2 drawers and left the bottom section (2 drawers) open for a shelf for books.


Here's the painted finished dresser.  I used the original hardware because it was so cute.  It's 12" across (13" across on the top).  Oh, and I found some cute little square-ish legs that fit on the bottom so that it was exactly the right height for a nightstand.


Right where I want it :)  Someday, when basement renos are done my room won't be so squishy, but for now this is ideal!


Now that I'm feeling better and the weather is looking up I'm hoping to get a few more projects done in the near future.  I have this little "beauty" 1/2 done - turning into something completely different.

and I picked up a stack of these windows that I really want to play with.....hmmm...what to make first...??


3 comments:

Coral said...

Great job on the desk-turned-nightstand :)

jfactor13 said...

You AMAZE me!!

Jessica (cousin) said...

I had that same cold virus.... who knew so much snot could come out of one person???

Great job on the desk makeover!