Sneak peeks of NEW Clear Scraps

About 2 weeks ago I shipped off a big box of projects to Clear Scraps for their CHA booth.  
There was MUCH rejoicing in the house when that box left, let me tell you. 
I think the first week of Christmas holidays I barely came up for air.
And now.....finally...the day has arrived that I can finally share some of these projects with you.

We have a big BLOG HOP coming up this weekend so you'll see lots of great projects from our Dt later this week.  Details at the end of this post.

For now, I'll just start with 2-3 new projects, to whet your appetite.

 Clear Scraps started making these large 12x12 Top Load acrylic albums last summer already and they were (and still are a HUGE hit).  The covers are the hard cast acrylic which makes them incredible surfaces to paint, ink, etc.  Each album becomes a unique, one-of-a-kind work of art.  I used one of the new Large Expressions words (MEMORIES) on the front of mine and since the word was very large, I cut the letters apart and overlapped them so they'd fit as the title of my album.  A little vintage lace, some gold leafing pen and some Basic Grey and it's the perfect place to put memory photos.




As a card-maker at heart, this new product from Clear Scraps has me jumping up and down.  It's CARDS!!  They come with 3 pieces - a back, and 2 interlocking front pieces.  Genius.  There are stickers included to adhere the back to the fronts and an envelope for delivering your newly created acrylic card.  These 2 samples here are...obviously...the Christmas Tree version of  the card.  The top of the tree is attached to the bottom half of the front.  The bottom of the tree is attached to the top of the front and they lock together to form a complete tree on your card front.  Did I say GENIUS?  
 For the card above, I used Gold paint pen to pain the tree, some jewels to decorate it, a sentiment sticker from SRM Press and some older gaffer tape from 7 Gypsies for a border and in place of the clear stickers that hold it together (just for variety).

Below, I used a sheet of adhesive from Glue Arts to make the whole tree sticky.  Then I covered it in DCWV's flocking and added more jewels.  These jewels are just thin enough to slip through the slot that interlocks the fronts.  Anything too much bulkier wouldn't work.  Oh, and yes....these are made from the extruded acrylic which is very easy to manipulate - emboss, cut, and even sew through with my sewing machine (see photo).

I can't wait to do a whole big stack of these.  
I think....I heard a rumor....that there might be a few of these at CHA as a make & take.  I'm just saying - if you're going - you might wanna check out the Clear Scraps booth!!


And speaking of checking things out.  Check back here this weekend for a Clear Scraps Blog Hop.  All of our designers will be showcasing some of the new stuff they've been working on.  You don't want to miss it!!  I think I'll give something away on my blog next weekend - it's been a long time since I gave away a prize.

0 comments: