Cat meets hedgehog

The kids at school have been talking about a stray kitten that's been hanging around. MY kids found it on Thursday and my DD came into the room I work in, nearly in tears b/c it was so cute and...could she please, please, please come home with me at lunch and see if it was still in the bush by the church where they left it this morning....yadayadayada. I can't blame her - she comes by this 'soft-heart-for-animals' quite naturally I'm afraid (sorry mom, for the lizards and kittens and goats and all that). So, we looked, but couldn't find it.

Then yesterday as I was walking home from school, there was a crowd of kids at the fence looking at this kitten again as it wandered in and out of the parked cars on the street. So, I picked it up and took it home of course. Now, Trev's allergic (so he says) so I knew it wasn't there to stay, but OH MAN.....I really wish it could have. By the end of the night we'd found it a good farm home but in the in-between time, the kids had a great evening of playing with a kitten and Mica introduced it to her hedgehog. We have some video that Mica's hoping will net her a sweet $10,000 prize on AFV.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Someone took my mom and dad's little kitten this Friday. :) I'm totally serious. They let it wander and I'm thinking someone thought it was lost and gave it a good home. My mom and dad's kitten is all black though, so I don't think it's the same one.

What a coincidence .....

Maria said...

That kitten is SO cute! Looks a tiny bit like Holly did. I'm so glad you guys were able to find it a good home.

Jingle said...

OOOOOHhhhh!!! I want a hedgehog! That photo is too cute!