11 random facts - reprint

I'm reprinting my "11 random facts about me" and putting out the challenge to some new blogging friends of mine. Hopefully they'll comment here and that will lead you to their blogs where you'll learn a little more about them too :) For everyone who leads from here with a list of their own....I'll throw your name in a hat for a prize (TBA).

Happy reading!




1. I feel like my age stopped at 25 or so and that all my friends are all 25, just like me. It surprises me when I remember I'm now 37.

2. I cry like a baby at sappy movies - any sweet love stories, any untimely death stories, any missing children stories, and especially sad animal moments (like Charlotte's death in Charlotte's Web, etc). I also cry when watching a baby being born, human or animal - the miracle of birth never, ever ceases to amaze me.

3. One of my biggest pet peeves is typos and grammatical errors in officially published documents. I used to work for a man who would write his advertisements the way his brain translated them - directly from Dutch to English - without asking someone who actually spoke the language to edit/double check.....aaaarrg!

4. I had my first baby in the front seat of our Dodge Neon. Not exactly what those cars were designed for by the way.

5. I played (past tense) piano. I was studying my Grade 9 Royal Conservatory when I finished high school....but I haven't played much or used it since and so even though I got a piano for Mother's Day a few years ago, I'm really rusty and don't play much.

6. When I was in Grade 12, I went on a band tour to Europe for a couple of weeks - we saw The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, and France. And at the end of the tour, our last concert was in Grand Forks, North Dakota and my friend and I were so tired of wearing pantyhose (eeeewww) that we ducked into a supply closet right after our last concert and ditched ours there.

7. With my first pregnancy I had a craving for oranges. I once ate a 5 lb bag of oranges in 2 days - as well as drinking OJ for breakfast. And, stranger yet... I love to read - read every single day - but with my 2nd pregnancy I had an aversion to reading. For several months I couldn't concentrate on a book and didn't even like to read, despite the fact that I was in the middle of a series by my favourite author at the time. A couple days after my DS was born, I came home and devoured the whole series.

8. Trev & I were friends for a couple of years but we only dated long distance for 2 months and in the same city for 1 month before getting engaged. When I called some friends to tell them I was engaged, their reaction was, "...to who??" Our first date was to a small-town theatre to see "Wayne's World" (still love that movie!)

9. I had serious doubts and even mocked people who felt they had met 'good friends' online through the internet/chat rooms/websites....and now I'm one of those who feels like I belong to some great, great, great groups of women!

10. My greatest desire is to know God and recognize his voice when He speaks to me. My second greatest desire is to love and be loved by Trev.

11. I kill houseplants. Really - I can't keep them alive to save my own life. I don't even know really why I try. I can barely keep plants alive outside where I have the sun and the rain to help me.


Don't know if those are random enough - or if any of them are actually news to you, but that's me! Take it or leave it.


Comment here and we'll follow your link to your blog to read your Random 11 :)

3 comments:

scrappin{jewlz} said...

I posted 11 random things about me.. www.scrappinjewlz.blogspot.com/

Maria said...

I love your comment about feeling like your age stopped at 25 - I definitly feel that way too!
I'll post 11 random things about me - maybe tomorrow - I'll let you know when I do ;-)

The Biehns said...

Hey there friend, we've posted our random 11 things about us. Enjoy the read.

www.albertaliving.blogspot.com