Today's the big day......Clear Scraps reveal :)
I got to play with 2 of the new cards from Clear Scraps' "Send-it Clear" line!!  These cards are so much fun to do - a challenge for sure to get all the layers to look good together, but so much fun! 

The first one I did was a Butterfly card, and since we just did a great swap with the people at Stampendous, I decided to use one of their giant stamps to dress up this butterfly too.



Obviously the stamp was WAY bigger than the butterfly and I didn't want the excess image stamped all over the rest of my clear card, so I put the 2 front pieces of the card together to form the butterfly and then masked the area around it with scraps of paper (red & blue in the photo)


This is what it looked like with the flower image stamped on the butterfly (with StazOn, of course).


Then I took my favourite-fav-fav Zig Painty Pens and coloured the stamped image from behind.  That's the beauty of acrylic, don'tcha know.....so many layers and surfaces to play with!!  


I finished the card off with a stamped sentiment on the front, a scalloped circle of paper behind the butterfly - to make it pop and also give me a place to write a little something-something to a friend maybe...?  and a quick run of a matching paint pen around the outside of the acrylic pieces (front and back).  Just a tip - it's a good idea to use something to border your acrylic projects like this....it helps your eye to stay focused on the project itself instead of wandering off the page/card, etc.  I attached my card fronts and back with the stickers provided but I also added a nice little border of Washi Tape at the seam!!  Love that stuff.


That's all for now :)
Come back later this week - I have another card to show you - a Lock card.  I think you'll like it :)


Hey....I have more than my share...
How about I draw a name from all of you who comment either on here or on the next post this week and I'll send you out a little acrylic to play with.    Go to Clear Scraps' facebook page and let them know what you think of their new releases this year, and I'll put your name in the draw 2x.  Make sure I can find you - either by linking back to your blog or leaving me an email address.

2 comments:

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Wow! This is just gorgeous! Love the stamp u used! Really stunning!

Plett Family said...

Very cool, Cath! R U taking your "show" on the "road"?