Mommy, I'm bored (the song of summer holidays)

Are you kidding me? The first full day of summer holidays and already they're singing the song, "I'm bored mommy." OK, my kids haven't actually said it but they have friends down from across the street and they're running out of things to do by lunchtime. So....here's my solution. Goop (or Gak, or Oobleck, or Goo, or whatever you want to call it). It took only a few minutes to make and the giggles haven't stopped upstairs since I made it. I'm downstairs with absolutely NO shortage of things to do. At what age does "nothing to do" turn into "not enough hours in the day to do what needs to be done"??





If you're kids are bored....here's the recipe: 1 rounded tsp. of 20 Mule Team Borax, 8 oz. white school glue, 1 1/4 c. water, food coloring.
Instructions: In a glass bowl, stir together 1 c. of water, glue and food coloring. dissolve all the borax powder in the remaining 1/4 c. of water. Add borax misture to glue mix and stir until a slimy lump forms. Stir vigourously for another 30 seconds. Remove the lump of slime and knead it with your hands to dry it and complete the reaction. In 2 minutes or so, you should be holding a ball of slime that pulls clean from your hands. ** Safe stuff, but maybe keep it away from kids who'll eat it or smear it onto things.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

beautyinallthings said...

Thanks for taking the kids! I slept all morning. Still don't feel great but hopefully on the mend.

Monica said...

Cathy .. that's a great idea! I totally want to make some. Where do I get borax??