NSD my Stamp BOX Blog Hop



Welcome to the first stop on your National Scrapbooking Day card & sketch Blog hop by my Stamp BOX! If you're just stumbling onto my blog by 'accident'....thanks....and you may wanna read the details of the blog hop here.


Right off the hop (no pun intended) I have a confession to make. I don't do sketches. At all. I don't make them and I don't use them. Ok, maybe not At all....I have done a couple as challenges in my lifetime, but not in my everyday scrapbooking and cardmaking. So for this card that I've made, I drew out a template for you, and if you want a printable template for this card, you can find one here at Mirkwood designs.

This is a tie-front card that measures 5" x 5" and I've used a circle stamp from the Seal It set to make a sort of button on an SEI die-cut sticker. The stamps says: "You are perfect. Stay the way you are. True to yourself always." I punched holes through the stickers and the front flaps of my card and tied it with a crisp piece of white twill. To write on, I've matted another SEI die-cut sticker and glued it on the inside of the card. Some of it is showing, but there's enough of it hidden if I want to write a more personal message.






and here's the template I promised.....please forgive my lame attempt :)

Quick instructions:
Cut your double-sided patterned paper 5" x 10"; score 2.5" from each end trim these ends into circles (trace something circular on there or eyeball-it, like I do). Punch holes in the rounded ends of your 1/2-circle flaps; add stamped "button" stickers with a hole punched in them, and tie shut with a ribbon.
Posted by Picasa

From here....head over to Tracey's blog for some more more my Stamp BOX inspiration. And be sure to leave me, and everyone else a comment to get your name entered into a draw for Free Stamps!!

Happy Scrapbooking Day!

22 comments:

Allison Cope said...

Super cute idea Cathy! Love your card!

Trace Geworsky said...

That is a TERRIFIC!!! idea for a card..I love it!!!

Tracey Taylor said...

I LOVE this!!!

gudrun said...

Love your Card and the pattern :) Thanks for sharing.

Cherie said...

Cute!!

ellen s. said...

oh i love this idea! TFS

marcibun said...

I love the card. I'm not a sketch user in general either ;) Happy NSD!

Gisèle said...

now that's pretty neat:-)

tineline said...

Love the odd-shaped cards. Really nice work, Cathy! Great colours, too!

Reel Girl said...

Absolutely adorable and so clever!

Shirley said...

This is so cute! Love the template and the circles you used to close it!

Eva said...

Love this style cards, yours is fabulous!!!

gleestormont said...

so so cute, so inspiring!

Bendichte said...

Helo Cathy
I don't do sketches either! Nice card!

Jodi said...

This is great! I can't wait to give it a try!!

KanataNewf said...

Very nice! A differently shaped cards always catches the eye!

Regina said...

pretty card!

krazgrl said...

Love the tie front card, adorable.

mica said...

Very pretty project!! Love it.

rachaelwood said...

Not lame! Cute idea!

SuzanneRenee said...

you're so funny about not using sketches.....haha. well i love your card anyhow!

Amanda Winchester said...

Wow! This card is awesome! Love it!