House prep: physical and spiritual

Move in day is tomorrow and I've been spending the last week neck-deep in renovations. As soon as we're in and the dust has settled, I'll have some before-and-after shots for you.

Today, just some introspection. I know my life (the bad parts) barely begins to compare with being taken captive but I am drawn over and over to this page as I think of where God has brought us. 


I feel like I'm dreaming sometimes. And I can't help but smile (and yes, sometimes sing) when I read, think, or say the words:  "The Lord has done great things for us."

(Interesting side note: the reason this passage in my Bible is slightly pink is because the back page has highlighted the first verse from Psalm 127...."unless The Lord builds the house, it's builders labour in vain...")

One of my lifesaver friends whom I love and respect on so many levels had this brilliant idea to "hide" a verse in my new house as I was renovating. Not hide in fear, so that no one ever sees it but hide it so it is a part of the house and I'll think if it often. So, before the carpets go in on the stairwell up to my room....I've Sharpied a verse on the stairs that has been our verse for several years now....Habakkuk 1:5

“Look at the nations and watch
    and be utterly amazed.
For I am going to do something in your days
    that you would not believe, 
    even if you were told.
5 years ago if you'd told me I'd be here, I never would have believed you. Even 6 months ago it would have seemed slightly crazy to think we'd be where we are...but...here we are. God's timing, God's leading, and God's great big plan. 

Here's a panorama shot of the stairs. It's not perfect 'cause let's face it....who among us can take a steady photo while walking up stairs?? (If you can, I don't want to hear about it.)


And these are the steps leading up to the landing....directly when you come into the house. It's hard to see but on these I've written James 1:7

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father


(Note: these are also my poor attempt at panorama - the steps aren't curved like that)

Ok.  Enough blogging. I have a LOT of work to do yet today to get ready for movers. I'll be back with updates :)

0 comments: