Catching up

 I've been doing a few "crafty" posts recently so I thought I'd jump back in with some Real Life  in between.  Here are some more of my January photos (for Project Life) - things I love, things that bring me Joy and things that make me stop and take stock of all the blessings in my life: 

The Terrific Teal Turtles.  This is Mica's curling team.  They're young - Grades 7-9 and yet playing competitively in 2 Women's leagues this year to prep for the 2014 Winter Games.  We had these fleece sweatshirts made up for them with names on the back and when we entered them into their first Bonspiel, we entered them as the Terrific Teal Turtles.  One of the other teams was jealous b/c usually you call your team by the Skip's last name but we're still trying out different positions so we went with something crazy.



 Egan's foot x-rays.  Yes, x-rays....again.  He came home from a birthday party and said he stepped wrong off a log and hurt his foot.  I'm so gun-shy about foot injuries after all his history that I took him for x-rays that night.  Fortunately, it wasn't a fracture....it was still fun to be there b/c our neighbour/friend was the doctor that night and he got us in and out of there in record time (barely time to play a game of Ticket to Ride on the iPod).  He also pulled us into his "office" in the back of Emerge to "help" him read Egan's x-rays. 



Egan, in bed, doing homework.  Aint' he cute?  He so rarely has homework that it is a big event when he does.


I don't love grocery shopping - not at all....but I do love HAVING groceries.  I love having a fridge-full of fresh fruit and veggies for us to choose from....grocery day makes me feel very blessed!!


Egan got a djembe for Christmas and wanted to take it to school for show-and-tell but he wanted a cover for it.  This is what I made for him.  I bought a couple of old bags at the thrift store and cut them apart to make this one that fit the drum.  I happened to find one big bag with African print fabric on the front and back - it was perfect.



Yummy - cereal with fruit, with fruit.
I love it!


Sushi date with Mica.  I can't think of anyone I'd rather share Sushi with.....yummy!


Wow - can you believe the weather this January??  Unbelievable.  
And the dry roads?  That is awesome for me!


2/3 kids had sleepovers and breakfast becomes a lively event.....love it!


No....not a cookie.....it's a self-portrait made of play-dough in the Cranium game.
Actually, it looks like one of those mashed potato "Smiles" that we used to eat when I babysat a ton of kids.



OK....now you're caught up!
I'll be back soon with more scrappy goodness and some fun new Clear Scraps!
Have a great week!!

0 comments: