42. I'm thankful for Clear Scraps - they gave me a shot at a manufacturer DT a couple years even though I had only ever done one acrylic project in my life - the one I sent in with my application - and now I'm in charge of picking more new people for the team. It's been a fun, fun ride with them...looking forward to lots of great adventures.
43. I'm thankful for this great country and the success of the Olympics....I'm so proud to be Canadian right now :)
44. I'm thankful for my boss(es). I'm an EA at a school. I have a Principal, Vice-Principal, and 2 resource teachers over me, not to mention several classroom teachers that I work with and co-worker EA's. I think I like them all. Really, truly, like them all. Especially those over me....there's not even one who I feel I wouldn't be able to go to and be heard.
45. I'm thankful for a little bit of lost weight. Only 6 pounds. And to look at me you might not even know it - I'm 6ft tall so I hide the excess weight well, but I'm thinking....if I can lose 6 pounds without even really trying very consistently, what would happen if I tried to lose weight?
46. I'm thankful for struggles in my life. I don't say this lightly - there have been a few that I thought would take. me. out. But like Romans says: "...but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." I think that slowly (and more slowly due to my own thick-headedness, not any slowness on God's part), I'm developing some character and I'm leaning heavily on Hope. Current sufferings remind me of past sufferings and I can clearly see how perservering through those led me to God. I'm hoping all current and future trials do too.
47. I'm thankful for my local thrift store. I may have mentioned this before - but that place is a treasure trove. And, in light of God's provision and how he makes the right things appear there exactly when I need them...I'm fully expecting to find jeans in my size there tomorrow (I'll let you know).
48. I'm thankful for sales on berries at Shopper's Drug Mart. Whoever thought that the cheapest place to buy milk, frozen fruit for my smoothies and cheese would be at the drugstore? So weird, and yet wow...thankful for that.
49. I'm thankful for the warm, warm temperatures. March is definitely coming in like a lamb this year - it's supposed to be 0, +3 and +4 here later in the week - that is unseasonably warm. I've said it before - I'll say it again: this global warming thing is totally working out for us here in Canada.
50! YAY. 50. I'm thankful for these lists....I'm going to back and re-read them all one of these days...maybe even print them off for scrapbook journaling. It's been so good for me to write this stuff all down and put it out there for public viewing.